American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Starbucks' Via

Is this going to change the way I drink coffee in the woods?

I've heard lots of very good things about Starbucks' new Via instant coffee mix and had an opportunity to purchase some yesterday for the very first time. I came home with a box of Columbian Roast packets and will give them a try today.



I'm a bit of a coffee snob and don't, in general, like Starbucks coffee or instant coffee but in the woods I don't have the time or energy to roast beans, grind them, and make cowboy coffee all the time. It's been Folger's packets for the past couple of years when I want a fast and mediocre cup of coffee.

There's been an awful lot of energy expended lately on food and drink for the woods so I hope this one pans out as a success.

I'll let you know once I've "brewed" my first cup.

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for instant coffee, i think this stuff is pretty damn good... it's perfect for the trail or to keep in a kit...

looking forward to hearing what you think..

cheers.. Mtnfolk Mike T

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to agree. I HATE Starbucks' coffee, but the instant stuff is great. Love the Columbian in particular.

That said, a tea-ball and some coarse ground Kenyan AA is pretty darned good on the trail...just a pain to pack.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My wife bought me an Aerobie AeroPress (around $20-30). It looks like a large syringe. It's very small and easy to pack. You put in a filter and add the ground coffee. Add very hot water, stir, and press. It makes absolutely AWESOME espresso etc... Just Google it and read the reviews. I am very pleased with it.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger J-Daddy said...

I agree about the AeroPress; this thing ROCKS. Even dried-up office Starbucks coffee tastes good when pushed thru this amazing little contraption. Definitely worth the money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home