American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 10, 2009

1,000 Posts!

This is my 1,000th post on this blog since I got started.

Seems hard to believe how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

I still remember the first days when I had 3 hits per day.

I "found" the Fallkniven F1 on this blog and really learned to fine tune the Eriksson 510 here too. I've met many great folks and have had many great discussions on varied topics with you. There have been contests, potential pass-arounds, and the occasional tutorial. I've taken you with me hunting, fishing, and to Briar Patch for the Primitive Skills course.

Heck, since I started writing, I've had one new niece and one new daughter. I've moved out of an old house and into a new one.

I still find it hard to find the time to write every day and some days it's just hard to find inspiration to write so I'll apologize for those uninspired posts you've surely read from time to time.

Going forward, I'll keep plugging away finding things to write about for you as long as you'll continue to come and read. There will assuredly be more gear coming through the door for testing and review. There'll be more trips. There will be some bigger and better contests. There will be pass-arounds as soon as we figure out the format. I'll keep shooting pictures for you too.

I write it at the end of every post but be assured it isn't just lip service:

Thanks for reading,
(I wouldn't be doing this every day if you weren't coming back to see what I'm writing.)



B

9 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Tim Smith said...

Congrats on the milestone. I'm a long-time reader but first time commenter. I always enjoy reading your stuff. Keep up the good work.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

Wow, that's a messages to send out. Just think, if you did it by mail the post office wouldn't be in financial trouble...

Congratulations; as for the "thanks for reading"; you're welcome, it's been a pleasure.

JJ

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats AB, well done. As busy as you are I can only imagine how hard it would be to write 1000 posts. I'm glad you do because I bought an F1 after seeing how much you liked them. Still fighting the carbon vs stainless thing but who knows, I like both. Take Care and kudos for a blog well done. Jeff aka Bushpuukko

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger sam said...

Congratulations! I remember back when there were only a few of us blogging about bushcraft. Here's to the next 1000!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Wow at whole thou!

You were probably the first blogger I started to follow, and therefore in no small way the inspiration for my own blog. Keep going I'll keep reading!

Your pal
SBW

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous George Hedgepeth said...

Thanks for all the work buddy! I read regularly.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Mtnfolk Mike said...

right on Brian. congrats... i enjoy reading your blog... keep it up man..
i hope you folks have a great holidays season..

Mtnfolk Mike T

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Tim Noble said...

Great blog. Amazing detail and insight. One of the best I've ever read.

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Pablo said...

I think I must have been one of your first followers as well.
Always an inspiration and keep up the good work.
All the best,
Pablo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home