American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

American BushGeek?

Along with my obligations as a Tiger Den Leader and member of several boards I have the basement project and all the subsequent clean-up that has been required. That wasn't enough for me though.

I've also taken on the task of designing, planning, and coding a full-featured website that will integrate every facet of the community and the organizations that help the community to run. We've been talking about it since July 4th but I'm finally getting the project rolling and have been given until the end of the first quarter of 2010 to have it up and running.

I believe I've mentioned before that I'm a former keyboard cowboy so the project itself isn't daunting in the least. The problem that confronts me is the new languages I have to learn. It shouldn't take too long but it's going to take some time and focus I just don't seem to have.

More Mountain Dew and less sleep for me for the next several months.

The good news for you, dear reader, is that I'll be bringing those skills back to this blog and I hope to be able to roll out some really neat new features for your enjoyment.

Sarah's sitting in her high chair eating some Rice Krispies and clapping so she must be on board with the project now. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home