American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Favorite Knife Quick!

What's in your pocket right now? Is it your favorite?

I've been using the heck out of this one:



It's not so shiny any more. As a matter of fact, it's taken a fantastic patina from use.

It was the knife around my neck during both the basement and garage clean outs. It was the one I grabbed to cut up meat for lunch the other day. It's the one I use to break down boxes. It's also the one I use to carve spoons.

Has it replaced the F1? Maybe.

Probably not though. The F1 is fantastic and I've put it through a lot. The 510s no slouch though and for about 10% of the price it's a superb value.

Thanks for reading,


B

7 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I carry a laminated Mora (No.2 I believe?) I've carried it every day for about 2 years and love it. I am hoping to get a 510 for Christmas though.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it true that they're not making those 510's anymore? I had heard that somewhere. I have a 521 which has a bigger blade and modded the handle to look like a 510. The 510 is a classic! Thanks, Jeff

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

gotta love the 510
i've been using mine for 3 yrs now and wouldn't trade in for nothing, i even bought one for my lady and she loves it too.
harrison

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

No doubt Mora's are nice. Fallkniven are nice and stout, but my favorite has to be my Diving Sparrow NBS. No other knife fits my hand or cuts as well for me (possible exception is my Savannah).

Gotta give Abe kudos!

JJ

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger backcountrybowhunter said...

I recently acquired a Bark River Highland Special which has been my go to knife ever since. I did not like the factory sheath so I made one up myself and it has ridden on my belt ever since. Great knife, but I am also still enjoying my mora 711, my enzo trapper and my SWC bushie... and a few others.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Anders said...

My favorite is Fällkniven WM1!
If I need a bigger blade I most often go to my Sissipukko M95.
We are i bit spoiled with Moras here in Sweden...
Almost every guy I know had a Mora as there first knife.
Most people just use them as work-knives when they dont want to use there "good blade".
I really should go through my toolboxes and make an inventory of my Moras and put them to better use.
Best regards
Anders

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Michael said...

I have a Carbon Clipper, I find myself carrying/using it alot. Mora's are great, and it's the main knife in my fire kit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home