American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Pass Around

I've been watching Ray Mears' newest series Northern Wilderness and have ordered Hearne's book from Amazon.com.

With the website project and the basement project I don't have time to give it a read yet. I'm thinking about passing it around if you guys want to give it a read.

If there's an interest, I'm going to send it to Ranger Squirrel first since he's the one that pointed me to the videos. Then he can read it and send it on to someone else.

I just ask to get it back by the beginning of April when I might once again have some free time.

Let me know,


B

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great vids! My favorite is the one about Dr. John Rae. I've travelled all over Ontario both in and out of canoes and paddled some of the same routes. The nostalgia of it is amazing. Same same with Sig Olson. Camped where he camped and paddled and portaged the same spots too. Awesome. I think I'd have to make time to read those!! Thanks< Jeff

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Bushman Joe said...

I think that is a great idea but I wouldn't think the book would come back looking new. If it exchanges a few hands it would probably get a little beat up.

Also I think there should be a couple of rules to make it fare for everyone for example no one should have it any longer then 1 month after receiving it etc..

here is my emailing address:
photopicture at live dot ca

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I'm not too worried about the condition of the book so long as it's readable when I get it back.

As a matter of fact, I thought it'd be neat if everybody would sign it with their name and online "handle" and maybe put in a little comment.

Jeff, Sigurd Olson is a guy I don't talk about enough. I just finished reading one of his books again the other day. He's sharing shelf space with Rustrum in my library.

Thanks for your comments,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home