American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Storm's Comin'

Today's the day.

Our first real snow and it's supposed to be a real whopper. They're predicting between 7 and 11" of snow to fall between this morning and this afternoon.

Traffic was bad in the warm and dry. I can only imagine how awful it'll be once the roads are clogged with snow.

We're going to hunker down today and whip up a batch of venison chili. Mmm...

EDIT:
Unless we get absolutely pounded tonight while I'm sleeping, that was the biggest overestimation of a storm I can remember. We've gotten about 1" so far and the snow is NOT still falling. What we've got is wet but I'm not too impressed with the accumulation. (Let's see if this bites me in the backside though...)

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I don't know about where you live, but here in Michigan, snow is a pretty reliable form of weather, come winter. Our local forecasters put everything on high alert for the puniest storms. It has become ridiculous! We are assured constantly by our trusty weather-folk that the "Storm Center" is fully manned to keep us up to date on conditions. If it weren't for those brave men and women of the local media, I don't know how we'd ever get through a storm with accumulations of *GASP* 1 inch! No wonder I don't watch the local news anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home