American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, January 04, 2010

Cold Weather Inactivity

Some days it feels like we just hole up and wait out the weather.

I can definitely feel the difference so far this winter. I'm just not going out as much and that means I'm moving less and "storing more energy" around my midsection. Yeah, that means my jeans fit a bit tighter these days...

I made it out for a bit the other day but it was so brutally cold that it made breathing difficult--not ideal conditions to encourage a bit of aerobic effort.

Sarah, on the other hand, is moving more every day. She's crawling like a maniac, pulling up on everything, and now she's taking the occasional spill while trying to stand on her own. Her weight dropped at her last checkup but it's to be expected since her activity level has gone way up and she didn't weigh that much to begin with. She's started toying with the idea of climbing the stairs too.

Vacation's over today so maybe a slight sense of normalcy will return to our household and I can start to put together a bit of a routine to shake off the blahs.

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My youngest is thinking about rolling over sometime soon. Everything gets harder from that point on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home