American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, May 20, 2010

SwissBianco Firesteel Farmer









This just arrived from SwissBianco and is destined for the Cub Scout Campout this coming weekend. Roger calls it his Firesteel Farmer Swiss Army Knife (SAK.)
Take a standard Alox-scaled Farmer (main blade, cap lifter, can opener, saw blade, and awl) and anodize the scales and add a hardened piece of steel to the spine for striking flint and you've got the SwissBianco Firesteel Farmer SAK.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I'm going to fire off a batch of charcloth today to use this weekend and maybe I'll get some video put up today or tomorrow of my practice sessions and then I'll get more shot over the weekend at the campout.


I'm very happy with Roger's service and turn-around time on this. The price was around $75 and the SAK came with a couple of pieces of tinder and a couple of pieces of flint.

More to come...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

very nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home