American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter

This winter, more than any in recent memory, I've been sorely tempted to both get outdoors and enjoy the air and the cold and curl up inside and enjoy the warmth and comfort of the house.

I have been dramatically short on time (notice the 10-day lag since the last post?) and just can't seem to find the time to write up what I've been doing.

There hasn't been enough snow so far to do much shelter construction but the brutal cold has made it very difficult to allow the kids out for more than a few minutes at a time.

My cameras sit idle because my hands do not. Doing always conflicts with reporting which I discovered while doing "52 Weeks" so many years ago.

I find my days filled more with the mundane tasks of laundry, cooking, and picking up after the kids than I do with dreams of cold adventure...for now.

One day soon I will sit down and write up some of those adventures I have been able to have for you.

If only I could squeeze a few more hours into every day...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Mike said...

Exactly how I feel and experience the pace of life at the moment.

Those mundane/ routine do have some joy in them (especially everything involving te kids), but to dream about getting outdoors and making stuff is also exciting!

Have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home