American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, March 05, 2011

In the Woods

Brought NOTHING but the clothes on my back, the iPhone, and the Hampton Back-Pocket.

Cold, wet, and tired...

I'm hunkered down behind a tree to stay out of the wind.

Slipped on some ice and nearly went down...

Not too far from home so this is all just an exercise...

With the iPhone, I can post to the blog, call for help if needed, and even locate myself using GPS and satellite maps.

I only have one bar here but that should be enough to get this posted. :)

Technology, when used wisely, certainly has a place in my pack when I go out.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous David from Melbourne said...

In Australia the iPhone isn't going to work in the bush (mostly). You might get an SMS out, but forget using GRPS for google maps and blogging, also my iPhone probably only lasts 24hrs on batteries. Then what?

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

David,

If I find myself in Australia, I can assure you that I'll be more prepared to locate myself using more traditional methods.

Either way, I'm not ever going to rely on my phone to get me out of a scrape but, for the weight and size, it can take a space in my pocket for day hikes.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home