American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Kerry Hampton Back-Pocket

I got myself involved with a pass-around on Bladeforums and received this knife on Monday afternoon.

It's by Kerry Hampton and has an A2 blade and black canvas micarta handle slabs.

(Click for larger image)













I've been using it every day as my only cutter so it's seen a variety of uses from peeling fruit to opening envelopes. I even used it for a bit on Tuesday to work on carving a spoon from some well-seasoned Birch.

It's comfortable in the hand, stays sharp, and has nice snap at the half-stop and full-open position.

As it's not my knife, I'm still babying it a little but I've tried to use it as I would one of my own and I've also tried to mix up the things I cut so I can really give it a good test.

I'll have some final thoughts on Sunday when I box it up to send on to the next recipient.

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger sam said...

Look like a nice neat little blade. There's nothing wrong with an opinel for the same jobs though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home