American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scrambling--PWYP

I had a wild idea yesterday and now I'm scrambling to see if I can pull it off.

Practice What You Preach (PWYP) is an annual event in North Carolina hosted by photographer and outdoorsman Terrill Hoffman and the last time I attended was four or five years ago. The original event was put together as a sort of "put up or shut up" for a handful of members on one of the discussion forums (Knifeforums maybe?) and has since grown into a rather grand affair.

It's a "survival" weekend where you are allowed to bring as little, or as much, gear as you think you'll need and you can test yourself and your skills or you can go whole hog and bring the camp kitchen, tents, cots, and a camper.

There will be knife guys, gun guys, survival guys, edible plant guys, campers, survivalists, and outdoorsmen settling in for a weekend of fun and good conversation with new friends and old. (By the way, when I say "guys" I do mean men and women.)

There are some logistical issues to tackle but I've managed to clear a path so those few hurdles, once cleared, are the only things potentially stopping me.

I'm going to meet with Spen from JRE today and we'll figure out how to make things work as his travel schedule and mine don't line up exactly.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home