American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Condor Kumunga

Are you looking for a big knife at a small price?

The Condor Kumunga may be just the thing for you then.

I picked up one of these the other day from Going Gear and have been using the heck out of it for the past couple of days.

It has a 10 1/4" long blade of 3/16" thick 1075 and it's 15 1/2" overall.

Think of it as a short, thick machete capable of doing big and small work but doing it a little worse than a smaller utility knife or bigger chopper. As a Jack of All Trades, it's certainly up to the tasks set in front of it.

It's priced around $40 and comes with a leather sheath.

I find the polypropylene handle comfortable to hold and it has been comfortable during use so far. I haven't used it for hours on end yet but our time together is still short so I'll let you know once we've done some more work together.

This knife is seeing a long-term career as a fire pit knife and splitting down firewood and making fuzz sticks are things it does with delight.

Give 'em a look. I'm sure glad I took a chance on this one so far and I suspect you will be too.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger sam said...

I like the look of that one

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thasa big knife sir, I was not aware of its existence. Thanks for posting this.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the look of that,,i already have the condor hudson bay and its my constant companion in the bush,,took a little work out of the box but now its very very sharp and holds a great edge,,plus i like the old timey look,,cheers and keep up the good work you are a wealth of bush info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home