American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Workin' for a Livin'

I had an opportunity to spend the day working with Spen at JRE Industries today.

Spen walked me through the process of how they make their four-sided strop bats and let me make today's production run with some supervision so I had a better idea of what went into them.

Here's the first thing I can tell you:

They're not charging enough for these things considering how much work goes into them.

I got to cut out, glue up, finish, load, box, and ship them so if you get a bat in the next couple of days, there's a good chance I had a hand in the production of it. :)

While I was there, I got to see some of the things Spen is currently working on but I've promised not to say anything until products are on the website.

When I got home I found leather dust in my hair and stropping compound on my shorts but, given the opportunity, I'd be back there tomorrow to do it all again.

I really had a great time and heard about some of the things JRE Industries is doing to grow the business and it sounds pretty darned exciting.

Just remember, when it happens, you read about it here first.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home