American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Read the Description, Look at the Pictures...

I picked up a Victorinox Electrician from the fine folks at Knifeworks the other day while ordering my Cold Steel Trail Hawks and everything came in today.

I had this brilliant plan to carry the Electrician and a Leatherman PS4 for the normal duties around the house.  (Sure, I'd probably still carry my Sebenza or Umnumzaan but those'd be more for personal enjoyment more than anything else.)  I thought about throwing a lanyard on the Electrician and the Leatherman so they were easy to retrieve, easier to spot if they got set down, and easier to hang on to during use.

Can you see yet what's missing here?

It clearly shows on the site and it is not included in the description...there IS NO SPLIT RING on this model.  Oops.

I chose the Electrician over the Pioneer because of the addition of the second blade and the removal of the rarely-used can opener.  Sure, I've used it a few times in the past on my Pioneer/Soldier but I don't use it as often as I could a dedicated blade for scraping, opening boxes, and other chores that would potentially compromise the main blade.

Normally I'm a guy who really pays attention to the details.  This time...not so much.

LOL!

Ah well, live and learn I guess.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger sam said...

I've been using my Electrician plus as an EDC for 5 years now. Great little knife and having 2 blades, a saw and and awl as well as the screwdriver/lifter thing is very versatile and practical. It's a pit there's no split ring on it though

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I was going to buy one last year until I noticed the lack of lanyard hole. I have a Vic Soldier that is without lanyard hole and I don't seem to carry it much because of that. Even though the lanyard on my pocket knives really serves no purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home