American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Who's Up for a Project?

I've been burning the Midnight oil reading this thread at Bladeforums about modifying the Cold Steel Trail Hawk and am already 24 pages deep.

This seems like a fun and fairly inexpensive project to undertake over a weekend to go from something bone stock to something fully custom that could go from old school traditional all the way to high tech using the same platform.

I already ordered up two of them from Knifeworks and hope to see them before the weekend so I can get started on one and document the process.

Have any of you done one of these and, if so, do you have any advice for someone doing it for the first time? Things that worked; those that didn't...

I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about it and will continue to read the thread at BF to see where the projects go...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger sam said...

I'd been thinking of my pair of mouse hawk heads, just need finishing and then I've got to find a handle. Hopefully that thread'll inspire me to get going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home