American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Swedish Army Trangia

Has the supply of these mess kits / cook sets all dried up?

I could easily find them in stainless or Aluminum once upon a time but haven't heard a word about them in well over a year.

Is anybody still using them (besides me?) Are they still available out there somewhere?

It's that time of year where I start stocking the car with supplies for the unexpected and this is one of those essential pieces of kit.

(Sick kids at home brings forward all sorts of mindless rambling...)  :)

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are all over ebay.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! First one that comes up on eBay has a Buy It Now price of $75.

Maybe I should sell mine and start using some fancy Titanium instead. It'd be cheaper. :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Bill Giles said...

I looked for some of these about a year ago and never found one in the US at a reasonable price. I have a couple of Trangia stoves and one of their cook sets, but not the Swedish army one.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger RudeDog said...

Brainerd Army Navy surplus in Chattanooga Tn. had several,I bought mine for 17.99 there about a year ago,,he had them in storage.mine came complete with wind guard,stove and fuel bottle,love it!!we are doing a 2 nighter next weekend and this is what I'm taking.Grant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home